MACSTEEL SERVICE CENTRES SA (PTY) LIMITED (“MSCSA”) RETURNS AND REFUNDS POLICY
This Macsteel Service Centres SA (Pty) Limited Website Returns and Refunds Policy details the processes and procedures related to returning and/or cancelling goods ordered, and related refunds.
If you are not entirely satisfied with your purchase, we’re here to help.
1. You may return (a) good(s) within 7 (seven) days of receipt. To be eligible for a return, the good must fulfil the following criteria:
1.1. The goods must be unused and in its original condition and original packaging (if applicable); and
1.2. You must have the receipt or proof of purchase.
1.3. It may be required that the delivery or collection note be supplied on demand.
2. To return (a) good(s), you must contact the Sales Clerk as listed on the order confirmation and/or Delivery Note either by e-mail or telephone. They will then create a collection request on your behalf, to be approved by their Line Manager.
3. If you request to return (a) good(s) after 7 (seven) days, MSCSA reserves the right to approve or deny the return request.
4. Goods that are marked as non-returnable on the website; any bespoke & custom made finishes and/or goods; goods made to order; goods reduced to clear; freestock material; discontinued goods; goods on sale and goods that have been altered or modified in any way are not eligible for returns, replacements or refunds.
5. Goods or materials ordered incorrectly cannot be returned without prior approval.
6. Unless otherwise in an agreement with MSCSA, any returns of goods made in terms of the Returns Policy will be subject to a 10% handling fee per good returned, calculated on the good’s price as shown on the invoice, delivery or collection note.
7. The above-mentioned fees (relating to handling) may be waived at MSCSA’s sole discretion. The waiving of said handling fees will be considered when returned goods are deemed defective and/or not to customer specification by MSCSA.
8. Missing or Damaged Goods
8.1. In the unlikely event that you find goods to be missing or damaged upon receiving an order, you must notify MSCSA by making a note on the delivery note or collection note on the day of delivery or collection, informing of the damaged return or the short supply received.
8.2. When goods are collected from MSCSA, it is the customer’s responsibility to ensure satisfaction with the goods prior to signing the collection note. No claims will be entertained if damages or shortages have not been noted on the delivery note or collection note after the signing thereof.
8.3. MSCSA reserves the right to inspect goods that are claimed to be damaged. If the inspection concludes that damaged goods were received, or a good is missing, MSCSA will assist you in receiving a replacement or refund as quickly as possible.
8.3.1. If the legitimacy of the missing or damaged goods are verified, MSCSA will then supply the missing or replace the damaged goods.
8.4. MSCSA will not be responsible for missing or damaged goods claims made after 10 (ten) days after delivery.
8.4.1. If a claim is made, within 10 (ten) days of receipt of goods delivered, MSCSA reserves the right to conduct an inspection to determine whether the claim can be approved or rejected
8.4.2. MSCSA reserves the right to approve or reject a claim at their discretion, dependent on the outcome of the inspection.
8.5. All goods are inspected and documented prior to shipping to avoid any fraudulent claims.
8.6. MSCSA cannot take any responsibility for goods damaged during the transportation, where a third party delivery-company is used, nor during the unloading or installation, if not done by MSCSA.
9. Defective Goods
9.1. Defective goods must be reported to MSCSA in writing within 10 (ten) business days from delivery.
9.2. If a customer receives defective goods from MSCSA that have been supplied by a producer mill, MSCSA will submit a claim to the producer mill on the customer’s behalf via the MSCSA claims department.
9.2.1. MSCSA will not be liable for consequential claims arising from a defect in a material good supplied by a producer mill.
9.3. MSCSA reserves the right to inspect goods claimed to be defective or refer them for technical assessment prior to repairing, replacing or providing a refund.
9.3.1. If a customer has used, reworked or installed the goods, such use or installation shall be taken as conclusive evidence that the customer has accepted the goods notwithstanding that there is a defect in the quality or condition of the goods, or that they may fail to correspond with their specification and the customer in those circumstances waives the right to make any claim against MSCSA. It is the customer’s responsibility to check goods for correctness before fabrication.
9.3.2. If the defect in the goods was caused due to abuse by consumer, fair wear and tear or your negligence, they will not be able to be returned or a claim made.
9.4. MSCSA assumes no liability for damages arising from the purchase, use or inability to use goods, or from any special, indirect, incidental or consequential damages. This means any loss, expense or damage other than to the goods itself that may result from a defect in the goods, incurred or suffered by or occasioned to the end user/purchaser of a defective goods or to any third party.
1. Your refund will be issued only after the collection request has been approved by MSCSA and the returned goods are received in its original condition, in its original packaging (if applicable). .
2. A refund of the costs of goods, including VAT, minus a 10% handling fee for returns will be made within 7 (Seven) days of receiving approval for a return. .
3. If any delivery fees were applicable on the order, these will not be refunded..
4. MSCSA shall incur liability only to the extent that such a return is attributed to MSCSA’s act or omission.
4.1. If (a) good(s) is/are required to be collected by MSCSA, they shall be collected from the location that MSCSA delivered to only; unless otherwise agreed in writing with MSCSA.
5. Cash Sale Refunds
5.1. If your return is approved, the following cash sale refund methods will apply, dependent on your payment method:
Cash payments up to R250 (not applicable to online sales)
Cash payments over R250 (not applicable to online sales)
Debit/Credit card payments in-store
Debit/Cheque card payments online
EFT refund into the same bank account from which the customer processed the original EFT payment to MSCSA for the cash sale that is being refunded.
(not applicable to online sales)
Cash deposited into MSCSA’s bank account at the bank
Available credit on cash sale account used for payment
Credit against the cash sale account or an EFT refund
Coupons or voucher codes online
If any coupons, or voucher codes are used at online checkout, these will not be refunded
5.2. For all refunds made via EFT, proof of the bank account number has to be provided by the customer and attached to the refund payment request, in order for the refund to be processed.
5.3. Note that for any fees related to refunds, customers are liable, and these may be deducted from the refund amount, unless agreed upon in writing with MSCSA.
6. Corporate Account Refunds
6.1. If a purchase is made on a corporate account, refunds for these purchases can either be processed as credit against the corporate account the purchase was made from, or EFT at the customer’s request.
1. Cancellations are subject to MSCSA’s discretion.
2. Should you wish to cancel an order, please contact a sales representative as soon as possible after the order has been placed. If the order has already been processed and/or goods are already in production, the order cannot be cancelled. Cancellation shall be effective as soon as MSCSA confirms in writing.